I am a civil engineer from a small town in southeastern Mississippi, about 40 miles from the Gulf Coast. I am enrolled in the Distance Learning program at Auburn University this fall, taking two environmental engineering courses. I will also be taking my PE exam this April.

Click here for my profile.


I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.
---Phillippians 4:13

Right now, my mood is:
The current mood of MStateDAwg at www.imood.com

  Subscribe via Atom

E-mail Me
Current time (CDT)

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Morning Coffee - Glory and Honor

Print this Article

Gary, a co-worker who just returned to work with our group yesterday, brought out these verses during lunch yesterday. They grabbed my attention, so I decided that I'd post them here.


Hbr 2:6 - But one has testified somewhere, saying, "WHAT IS MAN, THAT YOU REMEMBER HIM? OR THE SON OF MAN, THAT YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT HIM?
Hbr 2:7 - "YOU HAVE MADE HIM FOR A LITTLE WHILE LOWER THAN THE ANGELS; YOU HAVE CROWNED HIM WITH GLORY AND HONOR, AND HAVE APPOINTED HIM OVER THE WORKS OF YOUR HANDS;
Hbr 2:8 - YOU HAVE PUT ALL THINGS IN SUBJECTION UNDER HIS FEET." For in subjecting all things to him, He left nothing that is not subject to him. But now we do not yet see all things
subjected to him.
Hbr 2:9 - But we do see Him who was made for a little while lower than the angels, {namely,} Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone.

In short, I believe that if we allow Him, God can use us to do great things. We have been crowned with glory and honor, and have been appointed to be dominion over ALL of God's creations. So why don't we be better stewards of what God has given us? We have not yet reached the potential that God has appointed for us. And if you'll notice there's really only one difference between us and Jesus. Jesus was crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, "so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone." He became the living sacrifice for us, so we wouldn't have to go through that suffering. Oh, how often we take that for granted! Jesus, I just want to thank you for what you did for me! Praise You forever!

posted by MStateDawg @ 5/09/2006 07:05:00 AM 0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!



Zoundry Blog Writer