I am a civil engineer from a small town in southeastern Mississippi, about 40 miles from the Gulf Coast. I am enrolled in the Distance Learning program at Auburn University this fall, taking two environmental engineering courses. I will also be taking my PE exam this April.

Click here for my profile.


I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.
---Phillippians 4:13

Right now, my mood is:
The current mood of MStateDAwg at www.imood.com

  Subscribe via Atom

E-mail Me
Current time (CDT)

Saturday, July 22, 2006

What a Saturday!

Print this Article

Well, today has been interesting.  I got up about 9:00 this morning, and felt terrible.  I have had  a sore throat for the past two days now, and I don't know when I'm going to shake it.  Anyways, what did I do today?  Well, I spread some ant poison on the various ant beds in our yard, then me and K ate lunch with her parents at Bobo's Restaurant here in L'dale (or L'gulch as it should be named!).  After that, ventured to Wal-Mart for an oil change and tire rotation...what an experience!

Let me explain a little further...I thought it would be the standard go in, tell them your name, give them the keys, look around the store for about 30 minutes while they're changing the oil, then go back and pay and get out.  Well, not the case.  The "taking of the order" went relatively smooth, and it wasn't until I went back to the Automotives department about 45 minutes later that I discovered the problem.  I looked on the counter--you know, where they place the final invoice with your keys before you checkout?  Well, I noticed that my keys were laying on the counter, with a white sheet of paper, so I placed my other items on the counter to check out.  I told the cashier that I had an oil change and tire rotation, so she went over to the other counter where my keys where...She asked, "Your last name is Lee?"  I said, "Yes."  She said, "Well, All I have here is a Henderson and a Rodriguez."  I told her, "Well, that's my keys!"  Thus started the problem!  The automotive guys put my keys with the WRONG ORDER!  Needless to say, I became aggravated!  To make a long story short,  they quickly realized that all they did was change my oil..They did NOT rotate my tires!  So I had to wait another 30 minutes!  I got to Wal-Mart about 2:15...I didn't leave until 4:00!  I don't think I'm going to trust Wal-Mart with my vehicle anymore.

Whew!  I didn't realize that this post would run this long.  Anyways, we are having a pretty good thunderstorm tonight.  We've had a couple of brownouts and blackouts, so I have gotten off our main PC and I am using my wife's laptop.  Well, I'll post more later...Just thought I'd feel you in on my rather interesting day!


posted by MStateDawg @ 7/22/2006 08:19:00 PM 0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!



Zoundry Blog Writer