I am a civil engineer from a small town in southeastern Mississippi, about 40 miles from the Gulf Coast. I am enrolled in the Distance Learning program at Auburn University this fall, taking two environmental engineering courses. I will also be taking my PE exam this April.

Click here for my profile.


I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.
---Phillippians 4:13

Right now, my mood is:
The current mood of MStateDAwg at www.imood.com

  Subscribe via Atom

E-mail Me
Current time (CDT)

Friday, August 18, 2006

Back to School!

Print this Article


Well, it is now official. I'm a graduate student at Auburn University in Environmental Engineering! I had my first two classes (via distance learning) on Wednesday, and today is the 2nd class meeting for those classes. I am just waiting now on the professors to post the streaming videos so I can watch them...and also to find out when my first homework assignments are due.


The two classes I have signed up for are Water/Wastewater Operations & Processes I and Chemical Principles of Environmental Engineering (otherwise known as Aquatic Chemistry). And boy, are they going to be challenging! I have been wanting to go back and get my Master's ever since I graduated from State. I just have to keep myself motivated and on task.


I'm also trying to do a couple of other things on the side, like trying to get that online coffee-selling business going...It is a daunting task getting the website up and going, advertising the site, and actually getting customers. I have come up with a pretty good idea, I think, for getting a little bit of exposure. I think if I put a few of these items on eBay, maybe I can generate some web traffic to my site that way. (At least I hope that works...)


I have the website paid up for a year, so if this thing doesn't work out by then, I guess I'll just go ahead and shut it down...I sure hope that I do sell some coffee, though...who knows? I'll just have to wait and see.


You know, I thought that I could get some people to comment on what I write here...I guess I'm just not that interesting. I thought I had posted some pretty thought-provoking articles, but maybe I just ticked some people off...it seems as though I'm not getting anybody to view my site (except maybe for a few family members)...


But hey, this is where I can come to put on "paper" what I'm thinking. And you know what? I don't care if no one else likes it. I like it, and that's all that matters. You can't please everybody, can you? That's something that I"ve learned over and over in my life. No matter how hard a person tries, you're never going to be able to please everyone. So I have stopped trying to. There's only two people (maybe three) that I'll try to please...that's God, myself, and my wife. Everyone else can either like what I do or they can get over it. That's just the way I feel.


Well, I better go see if they have posted the streaming video for my first class of the day...More to come later.




Technorati : , , ,
Del.icio.us : , , ,

posted by MStateDawg @ 8/18/2006 12:39:00 PM 0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!



Zoundry Blog Writer