I am a civil engineer from a small town in southeastern Mississippi, about 40 miles from the Gulf Coast. I am enrolled in the Distance Learning program at Auburn University this fall, taking two environmental engineering courses. I will also be taking my PE exam this April.

Click here for my profile.


I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.
---Phillippians 4:13

Right now, my mood is:
The current mood of MStateDAwg at www.imood.com

  Subscribe via Atom

E-mail Me
Current time (CDT)

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Bedtime Breve - finishing drawings, lebanon, and a prayer request

Print this Article


Hey! I've done it! I've come up with a catchy title! :) Well, here's today's highlights. Work went rather well; I was able to complete some drawings and turn them over to our head CAD technician for "final" checks...hopefully. My boss and I went out and checked on some current and upcoming projects that I'll be working on. I feel like I am finally getting settled in on this new job, as far as getting into a groove and becoming comfortable with my job requirements. I am finally getting the experience in civil engineering that I have been needing.

And tonight when I got home, I have just relaxed and fiddled with my blog template. I think I am getting it to where I want. If you see anything I need to change or if you have and color scheme suggestions, please let me know! Oh, and I now have the blog set up where you can "subscribe" to it through RSS...The capability has always been there, I just finally got the link up! (You can also push the "feeds" button on the toolbar in the new IE if you have one or the button on the right side of the address bar in Opera). I find that I really like the RSS technology; it enables me to stay up to date on news and other blog sites that I am interested in...I just love technology!

Okay, here's my opinion on today's news. Hizbollah has topped their previous record of rocket attacks on Israel...over 200 rockets fired in just one day! I see this as a direct response to Israel's claim that they have destroyed two-thirds of Hizbollah's weapons caches. And, Israel has placed 8,000+ troops into Lebanon. I believe it is about time! In my humble opinion, this should have been done from the beginning. I think Israel's air attacks over the past three weeks have worked somewhat; but I think a joint ground operation should have been carried out within a week or ten days of the start of the air attacks. Who knows? Maybe they would've been halfway to the Litani River by now. Oh well, I am no military analyst or government agent, just a humble U.S. citizen. Who am I to second guess the Israeli government's decisions? I just wish them the best and will keep them in my prayers.

Speaking of prayers, I just want to ask those of you who do pray to add a person to your daily prayer list. My brother's grandfather (we are half-brothers, although I consider him way more than that) is having one of his legs amputated above the knee this weekend (I believe Friday). Please pray that he will come through the surgery with no hitches...By the way, he is 84 years old.

Well, it is getting really late. I need to get to bed, so I can get a good night's sleep! I hope you've enjoyed your "breve" tonight! Good night, and God Bless!

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. -- Psalms 4:8




Technorati : , , , , ,

posted by MStateDawg @ 8/02/2006 11:33:00 PM 0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!



Zoundry Blog Writer