I am a civil engineer from a small town in southeastern Mississippi, about 40 miles from the Gulf Coast. I am enrolled in the Distance Learning program at Auburn University this fall, taking two environmental engineering courses. I will also be taking my PE exam this April.

Click here for my profile.


I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.
---Phillippians 4:13

Right now, my mood is:
The current mood of MStateDAwg at www.imood.com

  Subscribe via Atom

E-mail Me
Current time (CDT)

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

An End of an Era--or the Beginning of a Worse One?

Print this Article


This morning I heard on Fox News Channel on my XM Radio that Fidel Castro has ceded power and reign of Cuba to his brother, Raul. So my question is this--is this the end of communism in Cuba, or could it be the start of an even worse regime? Frankly, I don't think anyone knows. The stories coming out of Cuba indicate that Raul Castro could allow more freedoms for the Cuban people, or he could be an even worse tyrant than his big brother! I guess time will tell.

As a Christian, I don't want to wish any evil on Mr. Fidel Castro (although I would be "justified" by earthly means to), and I hope that he survives his surgery for one purpose, and one purpose alone--that he could see the error of his ways and receive Jesus the Anointed as his Savior...but, in reality, I think Fidel is beyond the point of spiritual return. Still, I do not wish death on the man...it is simply not the Christian thing to do.

I do hope, however, that Cuba will finally be able to pull away from Communism and into a democracy...solely for the benefit of the Cuban people. They do not deserve to live under oppression and poverty simply so their "rulers" can grow in prosperity.

Well, that's my thoughts for this afternoon on Cuba...more to come later.




Technorati : , , ,

posted by MStateDawg @ 8/01/2006 01:01:00 PM 0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!



Zoundry Blog Writer