I am a civil engineer from a small town in southeastern Mississippi, about 40 miles from the Gulf Coast. I am enrolled in the Distance Learning program at Auburn University this fall, taking two environmental engineering courses. I will also be taking my PE exam this April.

Click here for my profile.


I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.
---Phillippians 4:13

Right now, my mood is:
The current mood of MStateDAwg at www.imood.com

  Subscribe via Atom

E-mail Me
Current time (CDT)

Friday, August 11, 2006

The Ground War has begun...

Print this Article


Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, upon not being satisfied with the proposed United Nations resolution drafted by the U.S. and France, has given the go-ahead to Israeli troops to invade Lebanon, with a massive number of Israeli tanks, armored personnel carriers, and troops. The resolution, which calls for an Israeli pull-out of Lebanon before the U.N. peacekeepers arrive, does little to really stop the violence that has been going on in Northern Israel for the past month.


The drafted U.N. resolution calls for not only Israeli troops to pull out of Lebanon, but it also calls for the insertion of U.N. peacekeepers, led by France, under Chapter 6 of the U.N. charter - not the Chapter 7 mandate the U.S. and France originally wanted. It also calls for a resolution to the Shaaba Farms "problem", which actually is not Lebanese land - it is actually Syrian. However, Syria wants no claim to the land and Israel has controlled it since 1967.


I firmly believe that if a multinational force is placed there without a mandate to attack Hezbollah if they fire on Israel, we could see a larger escalation once Israel does attempt to defend itself from further aggression. It is high time that the rest of the world become serious about fighting this war on terror. Enough innocent blood has been spilled.


Here's a little verse of encouragement from Psalms 27 for those out there who can't help but worry about this violence:





The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? (2) When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat my flesh, they stumbled and fell. (3) Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I will be confident. (4) One thing I have desired of the LORD, that I will seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in His temple. (5) For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. (6) And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy: I will sing, yea, I will sing praises to the LORD...(14) Wait upon the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart:; wait, I say, on the LORD.



I truly hope this will be a blessing to those out there in the midst of violence and trouble, not only the Israeli soldiers and civilians, but also those who could have been victims of the terrible plot that was thwarted yesterday...May you be Blessed!




Technorati : , , , ,
Del.icio.us : , , , ,

posted by MStateDawg @ 8/11/2006 03:34:00 PM 0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!



Zoundry Blog Writer