I am a civil engineer from a small town in southeastern Mississippi, about 40 miles from the Gulf Coast. I am enrolled in the Distance Learning program at Auburn University this fall, taking two environmental engineering courses. I will also be taking my PE exam this April.

Click here for my profile.


I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.
---Phillippians 4:13

Right now, my mood is:
The current mood of MStateDAwg at www.imood.com

  Subscribe via Atom

E-mail Me
Current time (CDT)

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Primary Tuesday - Who will win?

Print this Article


Well, I'm sitting here watching Fox News Channel, waiting on K to get home with some supper. Two democratic party primaries are the big talk tonight - Connecticut and Georgia...Will Lieberman and McKinney lose? Well, being a registered Republican, should I care who wins? Of course! This is a reflection of what is going on in our country. One issue has to do with national security, and the other with respect for security companies.


I truly hope that Joe Lieberman wins...My reasons are these: Joe Lieberman is about the only Democrat left that has common sense. Ned Lamont supports tucking tail and running from Iraq: something we can not logistically do. We must stick it out in order to win against the terrorists. If we don't, the terrorists will be able to have free reign in Iraq, and we might even see Iraq drift into a civil war. It might even embolden Iran to send their Hizbollah militant arm into Iraq and try to destabilize things further. In short, if Ned Lamont wins, we might see more and more of the Democratic party follow suit. If that happens, and they retake control of Congress, we might within a year or two have a resolution passed to force our military out of Iraq. That is something we can not have happen.


As far as Cynthia McKinney, I truly hope she loses. She has shown that she has no respect for her constituents - or for anyone else for that matter. She has only had one bill passed in her years on the Hill, and that was to rename a post office! And more recently, she assaulted a Capitol Police officer was just trying to do his job! Come on, people! Why would we vote someone like that in? Of course she has apologized (sort of), and she got off Scott free...Par for the course.


I don't know...I guess I'll just wait and watch the results come in like everyone else...More in a little bit whenever the results are finally in.






Technorati : , ,

posted by MStateDawg @ 8/08/2006 09:31:00 PM 0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!



Zoundry Blog Writer