I am a civil engineer from a small town in southeastern Mississippi, about 40 miles from the Gulf Coast. I am enrolled in the Distance Learning program at Auburn University this fall, taking two environmental engineering courses. I will also be taking my PE exam this April.

Click here for my profile.


I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.
---Phillippians 4:13

Right now, my mood is:
The current mood of MStateDAwg at www.imood.com

  Subscribe via Atom

E-mail Me
Current time (CDT)

Friday, March 16, 2007

Jumping to early conclusions...

Print this Article

Well, I believe I did jump to a slight early conclusion yesterday. I was listening to an early morning radio show (secular), when I heard them say that a prominent Southern Baptist figure said that homosexuality was genetic and that a baby's sexual orientation could be changed in the womb.

I will admit that this got me a little upset, but I also have to admit that I didn't read the Southern Baptist figure's article -- until today. After reading his first post, and the post he wrote today, I can kind of see where he was meaning to go with what he was saying. So, Mr. Albert Mohler, I apologize for jumping to conclusions.

I invite you to go to his blog (click the title of this article to jump to his site) and read for yourself. He was actually citing another writer, then he laid out what a genetic cause for homosexuality could mean for society if it were true. It is all very disturbing.

However, I still disagree with Mr. Mohler. While I do agree that we are all made in God's image, I can not see how God could create a human to be predisposed to homosexuality through genetics. Why would God create someone to automatically be gay, and then condemn them for being homosexual? It just doesn't make any sense. True, Adam and Eve did sin against God in the Garden, but their genetic make-up was completed before they sinned. Upon their sin, God cursed Adam to work by the sweat of his brow, and he cursed Eve to have pain during childbirth. Her ability to have children was already there, God just allowed her to be able to feel pain after her sin. Remember, God told them to "Be fruitful and multiply" before he banished them from the Garden.

I believe, and will always believe, that homosexuality is a sin of choice, just like heterosexual fornication is a choice. Lying is a choice, murdering is a choice, stealing is a choice, etc. To say that homosexuality is genetic is like saying that lying is genetic or murdering is genetic. "I murdered that person because God made me that way." Doesn't make any sense, does it?

Furthermore, I do not agree with what Albert Mohler says about genetically altering babies, either, even if there is a successful method found to alter genes. An altered baby is an altered baby - period. You're messing with whom God created -- Leave him or her alone.

Later, I will provide some biblical truths to back up my points of view. Right now, I'm at work and I don't have my Bible with me. Until then, God Bless.

Labels: , , ,

posted by MStateDawg @ 3/16/2007 08:15:00 AM 0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!



Zoundry Blog Writer